DIY

Being a log of the work done on my house primarily for me to keep track for future reference but also for anybody else who cares to read... For my real blog see www.rifaat.org

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Day 9: Tiling Fun!

Today was a fun day!

Had to do more shopping in the morning to get ready for the next few days. Need to get all the flooring sorted in living, dining and entrance so can begin the sanding process on Saturday. Got more floorboards the right nails this time plus the mortar for today's task: tiling the hearth.

Being the first time I used mortar did not know what to expect. So followed the instructions:

1. Mix up the concrete and sand in prescribed proportions, add water











2. Dump into hearth and level down with a batten (not shown)









3. Soak tiles in water and lay (I skipped the boring detail step about using spacers -- I'm looking for the rustic effect anyway and these are already uneven slate tiles, so who will notice anyway, right?)










4. Check alignment, press down, and that's it! I couldn't believe how easy this was! It went so fast that I finished early today in time for another delicious Paella by Paula....







After Paella came back to inspect. Guess who came before me? Just had to make his mark . . . Does this make him the first cat on the moon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home