DIY

Being a log of the work done on my house primarily for me to keep track for future reference but also for anybody else who cares to read... For my real blog see www.rifaat.org

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Day 4: Un-ripping the floor

Today's work was less dramatic than yesterday with only limited ripping. It was a bit like the rubiks cube, easy to scramble but more subtlety needed to put it back again. So today was about putting the floor back together again


Today the lovely Paula volunteered to go shopping for me, letting spend the time working instead of getting mesmirised by the endless wares at the ScrewFix depot all morning. We both agreed it was best; if I went I'd probably buy another deluxe super powered floodlight unit because they are so fantastic!


So this left me to finish up the insulation by taping up the seams with metallic tape. I figured since I had the camo shirt I would go with the metallic bandanna too -- rambo style..












Next comes putting floorboards back. Since the originals were rather in bad shape, I had to cut quite a few new ones. I was able to recycle parts of the old ones.

Laid them down and then began the hammering! Gave my thumb a good whack in the process..















By end of day I put back the half-floor and gone throught 1kg of nails.

I didn't get near my goal of finishing the other half of the floor, but that's for tomorrow.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home